Friday, January 25, 2013

AC/DC




We took our 10 hour journey today to Semuc Champey. Not a highway, terrible winding roads. We all got sick except the golden child. After some relief from Boyd’s pharmacy we continued on our way. I thought listening to Evan’s iPod music would distract me...but after hearing his music choice from AC/DC about another familiar highway...I couldn’t decide if I was more distressed by his music or my potential journey to what felt like the end of that highway. I quickly switched to some Jimmy Buffet music to visualize myself in the islands. 
We appear to be staying at a popular hippie hostel, but it is too dark to see anything else yet. At this point we think it is called “the middle of no where”.                                      JK

2 comments:

  1. ! what an adventure! in the words of rascal flats: life is a highway. 'hope the hostel turns out less hippie and more happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I would have puked all over the place. Reminds me of the very treacherous roads we traveled in India, no fun, no fun. Glad you made it safe.

    ReplyDelete