Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I'm certified!

For the past two days i have been finishing my open water diving tests while my parents and Adam sit on our boat and wait for me... great life. My instructors name is Kenny. He is really cool and has a one month old daughter.
The dives were all really easy. We did four dives total. The first day we went to Angelfish Reef and Pelican Island. They both got their names because you never see any angelfish on Angelfish Reef or any pelicans on Pelican Island. On those dives we didn't see much, but one of the lobsters we saw was about the size of my brother.
The second day we went back to Angelfish Reef and to some other place I don't know the name of. On these dives we saw lobster, two turtles, some spotted drum, and a lion-fish. One of the turtles was really cool. I was close enough to touch it. The other one only had three legs. You could barely tell because he swam so fast. We killed the lion fish with a harpoon gun. It took two shots to take it down. (Lion fish are an invasive species in the Caribbean). Now that I am a fully certified diver I am thinking about taking a semester off in college to work as an instructor down here.                        EK

Lion fish

2 comments:

  1. Evan,

    Congratulations on finishing your diving certification! It is wonderful to think of all the new worlds you will be able to explore. I also appreciate all of your stories. You are becoming quite the writer.

    - Melissa M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lion fish LOOKS really cool ... too bad it's not cool for the environment there.

    ReplyDelete